Two steps forward, and one step back.
I walk my own path, and make my own tracks.
Aloof and pretentious, hopeless and inspired,
Walk your own path,
Lit by my lonely heart of fire.
You'll see:
I stared at a lion just to prove I wouldn't blink.
Gave away a pot of gold, just to show I couldn't sink.
Rhymed this and that just to show you I could write,
Then turned it on a dime, just to show you I was bright.
So I shined like the sun, to warm this frigid land.
Then shared my soul, so that you could understand.
The core of myself,
And the basic of my nature.
Cause words cant decide,
But faces motivate ya.
Cause I ain't no lawyer, or doctor, or voice of the land.
I am what I am, and what that is is a man.
So I put one foot front the other,
And walk my own path.
Cause as I walk this land,
I litter pictures with my flash.
I need no compass,
For my map is written by the One.
Trinity mistaken,
For the Matrix, not the Son.
For my love is for a daughter,
And her smile too bright to break.
We've all seen better times,
But the futures whats at stake.
And as I've pushed,
And as I've learned,
The tiredness is just the scorn.
Its no skin off your back,
Be energized,
And thus reborn.
Know that every moments precious,
Cause even with a heavy heart.
You brighten peoples day,
With your happiness,
Your spark.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment