Friday, November 28, 2008

Tomfoolery

Whislin' dixy on a dog day afternoon.
The sun blazes like your mother, Screaming out of tune.
See your own reflection in cloudy place.
Reach touch your eyes and miss your face.
Misfired,
Bonefied,
Simplified,
Stupefied.
I've seen your eyes,
And know your face.
Growing strong,
A simple grace.

Raindrops falling, cleaning my eyes.
Tears I've seen quenching those fires.
Loving whispers, stubborn embrace.
See it growing, speed'n the pace.
Sometimes,
We are lost.
Sometimes
We fall down.
Sometimes,
We get back up and try.
If I fail to see,
Won't you guide me?

Simply sitting, minds running in place.
Future, Future, futures embrace.
I see the hard work,
Blood sweat and tears.
I see the effort, love in those years.
Sometimes,
We choose wrong.
Sometimes,
We feel lost,
But sometimes,
We come and fix it.
If I fail to see,
Won't you guide me?

No comments: