If i should
Explain who I am,
In a song of self.
Or display what I am,
In a show of health.
Or demand your time,
So I can spit these rhymes-
Is it weird that I speak,
In these cryptic lines?
Common,
Like an simple verb.
But I shine,
Like the sun,
In darkest hood.
And I give like the fund,
But not understood,
Like the black of a hole,
Where a sun once stood.
Passion--
Cause I know and love,
What is right,
What is good,
And what stands above.
And I know who I am,
And where I'm from.
All the things that we've lost,
To this kingdom come.
Science--
Of the thoughts of self.
My words cut
Through the veils,
Of those thoughts of wealth.
And I stand for the rights,
Of those "someone else."
Cause I hope
They would stand,
With me till my death.
Does it matter,
How it goes?
If the beat scheme
Flutters,
If the rhymes,
They flow.
If I tell you
I love you,
In a game of go?
Is it strategy of art,
Or the soul of self?
Is this game that we play
Like the NES?
All I know
Is these words
Have been fueled
And so.
I'm on such a path,
Till the light does go--
And the moon does rise,
To change these tides,
To a place I can show
What words
Can hide.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So I've been reading your rhyme along with "Daft Punk - Emotion." It was a wonderful combination.
I love the essence of power in those words. I can feel force. Impelling me to provoke my thoughts and push the envelope of my current way of thinking.
There were some areas where it "jumped." It was like a series of flashes of thought.
Anyway, this needs music :D
Post a Comment