If seeing is believing,
Then believing
Is deceiving.
The things we thought we saw,
We never saw at all.
Conjugates and opposites,
Reciprocals of negatives.
Photographs of imagery,
Imaginations scene.
Until I saw my own reflection,
In a picture of the flame.
Got so close it burned me,
Cause I thought we were the same.
But commonplace and similar,
Are nebulous at best.
And integrative forces,
Don't often pass the test.
What if we were to take that cloud,
And somehow make it whole?
To show the path to completion,
In the history of the world?
Avoiding Narcissus,
And my weak heel.
Sleeping in a den of lions,
Avoiding religious zeal.
Holding Mary's hand,
Cause I wish she'd do the same,
Meditating through the schism,
Even when it came again.
The bloodshed and the multitudes,
Who learned the lesson soon,
Unification of our races,
Or the races certain doom.
And if that man,
From out the well,
Should someday escape.
The return, might return us,
To a place we wont mistake.
But that boy there riddled,
And smoking in the wind,
Reminds me of sacrifice,
How love triumphs over sin.
And years spent in chains,
The pain too much to feel,
I'll make that load a little lighter,
So that those scars might some day heal.
And so I stand before you,
This brief synopsis in my hand.
Ignoring feuds for gold,
And this, our hallowed land.
Is it some coincidence,
One city is the same,
For every group of people,
And so we always blame,
The others cause their sinister,
And liars, and their thieves.
Well maybe someday the lesson learned,
Will be a mothers grief.
And if that day should come,
And empathy should be learned,
A step in human evolution,
And an ending of our scorn.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment