Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More rhymes

I breath like love,
In the darkest spots.
And bleed blood red,
When the hammer drops.
If I seem upset,
Its a slick facade,
Cause I slip right
Through to your toughest guard.
Trained to upkeep,
The truth and thus:
I've been blessed,
So I'm not one to
Whine or fuss.
I just take what I have,
And I grind it till,
It shines like the Sun,
Set inside and sealed.
Cause I'm not one,
To extol myself.
The verse is enough,
To exist in health.
To exist in mind,
To exist in time.
The truth is,
I ain't one to just stand aside.
I was born to stand high,
And to be thus proud,
Of the things I have done,
And my family shroud.
Of the time space,
Of my commonplace.
I am proud of the scars,
Sitting on my face.
And the words that are scribed,
On my back and side.
Of the lessons I payed,
With my skin and hide.

More later....

No comments: