I remember looking in the mirror,
Not too long ago.
I saw leanness,
And a hunger,
And a sadness,
And a soul.
I didn’t know what love meant,
But I wanted so badly to know.
I didn’t see the brightness in my eyes,
I saw a shadow and a hole.
So if I raise this banner high,
And I smile and make it so.
I’ll grow, I’ll grow, I’ll grow.
Cause I’ll keep going where I’m going.
I’ll keep doing what I’m doing.
I ain’t no ramblin man,
To stop this walking,
Or this growing.
Cause I’ve been the tumbleweed
Rolling from stone to stone.
I think its time I put some roots down.
I think its time for you to know:
I can’t be your beck and call boy.
I can’t be that indigo.
Indigo—bluest color eyes.
Indigo—Spilling tears from out your eyes.
Indigo—I can’t be your boy no more.
Indigo—I think its time for us to grow.
I don’t want to feel that hurt again,
I don’t want you out that door.
Everytime you have left me,
You left me slippin sore.
So it’s sad for me to say,
That I know you can’t stay.
So it’s better if you don’t come
Back no more.
I hope to never see you indigo.
Indigo—bluest color eyes.
Indigo—Spilling tears from out your eyes.
Indigo—I can’t be your boy no more.
Indigo—I think its time for us to grow.
And my smile is yours Indigo.
And my heart is yours Indigo.
And my hope is yours Indigo.
But if you walk out that door Indigo.
My soul stays mine – Indigo.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment