Saturday, December 6, 2008

Strength is Soft

Somethings are hard.
Others so hard,
They shatter at the slightest breath.
Yet others change and rearrange,
For apparently no reason.
Some can stand the test of time,
By bending, changing, drawing lines.
A tree that grows through cracks in pavement.
The grass that grows in the desert sand.
The flower that stands up,
To the soles of many.

So my soul and I sailed the ocean of life.
Wracked by the storms of self.
Burned by the sun of love.
Until a tidal wave,
Threw me and washed my sails away.
And so in isolation,
I sat and I so yearned,
To set sail once again.
To be that setting sun.

Until I had thus learned,
You can set your sails for whatever lands you wish,
But the ocean,
She decides where you belong.
And so my walls thus crumbled,
Like the tower of Babylon.
I learned that I'd mistaken,
Strength for a brittle facade.

No comments: