Friday, December 19, 2008

12/19/08

Inside the solitude of self,
Inside the solitude of mind
I built a world upon these thoughts,
And all these thoughts they were just times.
They were just times upon that mind,
That was simply just denying,
Simply so inane,
And in time I lost my frame.
So I was something that was not me,
Upon these questions tragedy.
The thought and the question,
Was I more then I could see?

Some words kindly injected,
Then so vexed I was infected,
With a thought that I was more then I could see.
So presented with a question,
That I was more than I'll be,
If I was so little now,
Then what was I to be today?
Today is just tomorrows been,
And todays been is yesterday,
Yesterday was to be greater,
Then whats today?

These words are all the simple truths,
The diction and the fiction
That we create each day in life.
In every thought, we thought we were.
But if we are more then we are,
And I was more then I'll be,
Then what am I?
Then what am I?
Then what am I?

So presented with this question
Yes I've chosen,
Oh I've chosen,
To exist as I am now.
In these tests and these decisions,
Or those indecisioned failures,
Are just self.
The reasons, motivations, and the answers
That I've sought,
Pose no matter, are no matter,
All that matters is that I've fought.
With ever ounce,
And every atom,
To be a son of adam,
That deserves the name and station of baha.

If the diction is all wrong,
And the truth has all turned fiction,
And the harvest has gone awry,
Because my choices were all lies.
And the wrongs pile onto wrongs,
And the right is never found.
It never really mattered,
Because words never rhymed.
I can rest knowing that I am strong.

And so the strength that I've begotten,
Or I've created, or I've gotten, or I've strengthened,
Or I've made, or I've built into this place,
Into this mind, into this heart, into this soul,
Into this part of me that grow
That Grows
That grows
That grows
That grows.
Cause I'm not one to stand aside,
And let the world go on itself.
I will raise upon this banner top,
The songs that I have sung.
The songs I have sang so many nights,
To give me strength to cry.
To give me strength to make it right,
To let me make it by.
But I am done with all this eeking.
I am done with this subsistance.
I am done just being,
I am living,
I am seeing.
How the sun shines through the clouds,
In the darkest of the storms.
And the starts come out at night,
With never ending courage.
And a waterfall that batters stones,
Can only make them smooth.
I am ready to skip across the lake,
And never wet my feet.

No comments: