Friday, December 19, 2008

Dust

If I created this life from dust,
To dust it goes.
Should I keep the intrinsic,
The virtues that I know.
Should I be judged for my meaning,
Or for the choices I did know?
If I should cut myself down,
And onto nothingness go?

If I should,
Live like a vagabond,
A highway man theif.
If I should,
Make all the money,
And become the disease.
If I should,
See all these choices,
Out in a line,
Then I should,
Be strong enough,
To choose well in time.
But if I,
Should falter,
Falling astray.
Then I should,
Push through connections,
The love and the hate.
Then I should,
Be strong enough,
To stand up alone.
Then I should,
Stand,
Stand Like a stone.

Be like a stone in a moment,
A lover the next.
The contradictions of my diction,
Serve notes on arrest.
Like racial indignation,
The station resets.
Then were back down to nothing,
Building ourselves.
But if we live for the moment,
A time in our lives.
Where were stronger then we've ever been,
To reach the goals in our lives.
Then we magnify and own it,
Mortar and stone it.
Raise ourselves above ourselves,
And keep the setting, stage loaded.
Then we can fly like a bird,
Chasing the wind.
Then we can be what we want,
Stronger then whim.

No comments: