I am inspired.
In the hand I was dealt.
Dealt so much,
And so much dealt back.
Give me a hammer and some nails,
And I'll make worlds stack.
But everything I've tossed away,
I've donated to the wolves.
They growl and devour,
Whats spiritual and good.
Such is, Such is the banter of our world.
Some things, Some things are made for this world.
Those things, Those things will thus gain dust.
Dust is, Dust is, Dust is - Just dust.
But my love for thee
Can in no ways be forgotten.
It burns so strong,
Impetus for all I've gotten.
Gotten strength, and the weakness I've forgotten.
I took the knife of love to my soul,
And tore out seven pounds of rotten.
So I've fought with my fists,
And I've fought with my words.
I've lost both times,
Independent of all my courage.
Independent of all my strength,
Quickness, and intelligence.
Cause when you fight all you do is
Get tired,
And I've been sick of it.
So I turn around,
And I turn the other cheek.
Bootstrap myself,
With all the love that's been begotten.
Survive on a ray of light,
That's what I had sought and,
Survived on a ray of light,
That's how I'm walking.
Yet as I whittle, whittle,
And whistle while I work.
I slip and cut my finger,
And bleed out onto creation.
These blood tinged skies,
So pretty in desolation,
The light bleeds I,
Don't know my constellations.
And can't tell you north from south,
Or south from north.
All I know is where the sun rises,
Is where my prayers set their course.
The truth in this discourse,
You can never know where your ship arrives,
You can only set your sails,
And make prayers your cries.
So I've cried so many nights,
About how I've done the wrong.
But I forgot those nights,
Where my heart was so strong,
And my words so eloquent,
I could have never been the author.
Truth is,
I know that Gods my sponsor.
So I keep making my own path,
Through this frozen desolation.
Set bonfires along the way,
To bring heat and thus elation
To the peoples of the worlds.
All their love gives me courage.
To be the man I am,
Cause what I am,
Is to share all I've learned.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment