She said:
Roll like a stone.
So I broke it up,
And threw it
Into the sea
To spin alone.
Learn what you want,
In the coldness
Of a poem.
Live a long life,
Rolling all alone.
And so she said:
Sink like a rock.
So I dove into the ocean,
And pieced together
All I lost.
Superglued together,
No way to make it to the top.
Be the leader not the follower,
Be the Sheppard not the flock.
Then she said:
Fly like a stone.
I said I'm not Damien Rice,
The name Pedram
I was born.
And so I took the rock
Smashed it,
Crushed it,
And made it my own.
Made concrete
Out of the triumph of soul.
Made the drum beat,
Out of a heart beating whole.
Hear this heart beat,
On
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love this!
Post a Comment