Sunday, October 5, 2008

Friendship

Sometimes the progress
Makes up for loneliness.
But sometimes,
Like a piece of your heart removed,
You sit confounded gasping.
Tearing, clawing, screaming,
Beating the walls for air.
Breathing but not breathing.
Speaking but not speaking.
Crying, oh your crying.
But the tears just won't flow.
As your face flushes red,
Your eyes grow vibrant,
And you flip your bangs away.
The things I never said,
Because of respect.
The things I never knew
Because of restraint.
Protection of a greater good.
Hopeful of the future,
But the future comes so slow.
And it's fucking torture,
As I sit and I stare.
But I'll keep on smiling,
Cause that's what I do best.
Shoulder the load,
And summon the ego.
That thing I forged to form
A future for myself.
The self assured truth
Of what I am,
And what I long to be.
Knowing myself in every step,
Knowing that sometimes,
Whats best for you
And what you want
Are different.

No comments: