I was something.
I am something else.
I am, oh I am.
Isn't that just enough?
If I spent my soul on you,
Would that be enough.
If I laid my life,
Like rose petal carpets
Under a moonlit caress.
A kiss of wind reminding
Your warm embrace.
The times I left behind.
I've spent so much time
Realizing who I am.
Describing in words
What can't be decided.
Drawing pictures
Of tearful fits
Of love and joy.
Listening to the
Silent Earth
For advice on change.
Burning with the flame
To be born again.
Now that I know,
Who it was all along.
I realize I did it all wrong.
I did it all alone.
So I search frantically,
For whats been missing.
Friends dull the feelings,
But, when I look into your eyes,
I remember what I lost.
What I gave back to
The damp dark soil,
In exchange for my soul.
But I keep longing,
For that springtime love.
That perfect moment
Where I know I can
Be myself.
If you would take this
Young mans hand.
Lend him your heart,
You know you can.
In times of hope,
I often rhyme.
To ease the strain,
On my poor mind.
To think is to be false,
And falseness,
Is a facade of emotion.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment