So the past week has been semi-hectic with school stuff, financial aid stuff, and people stuff going on, however I don't feel the need to talk about those things because, well, they get taken care of and we move on. It is far more poignant to talk about how rediculously amazing John Mayer was at the Sleep train on Friday.
Let me preface this by explaining, I was not a John Mayer fan. I was not especially interested in going other then the good company and chill music I had expected. I now must admit John Mayer is the man, and if you don't believe me, see him live and think differently.
So Mayer played his big songs like Why Georgia, No such thing etc, but the rest of the hour and a half set was him playing blues and blue grass style stuff with his awesome band. He played electric, acoustic, and electric acoustic, not to mention, he did it all amazingly well. His guitar solo's were really well done, and really just a blast to watch and listen to. This was a side of his music I had never heard about, but hope to see / hear more of. Anyways, time to make it to class, I will see if I can post links to the pictures, but if you really want to see them, go to Camilia's facebook and you'll find them.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment