Thursday, July 3, 2008

Faux dark

I should really sleep right now, but I am devoted to writing everyday, so this is a key style stream of consciousness (kind of weird how my consciousness rhymes, haha) that pretty much begs the question: What is the use of a nightmare if we can't figure out what we are afraid of in the nightmare? If we cant understand our motives in life, what is the point to our actions? Motive in life is everything.

Go Back to Sleep

In times so dark the truth within
Is clouded by the heart and whim.
In love and life,
With smiles we grin.
But then those demons
Let us in.
The ways we were
And thus have been.
The faces delve
To minds that thin
Then deepen to a ocean cove.
We're stuck without the waves and wind.
And as the silence is no token,
Leave my fear, there unbroken.
Mind lies smote and on the floor.
My thoughts lie spinning,
The reason goes.
And in the interim it seems
It was all but just a dream.
But if I cannot see the truth,
Then was it all of any use?

Obviously dreams don't have to have mean, but I like to think they do. I like to think that aspects of our humanity are too often set aside for new fangled fads and fun. We used to beleive our dreams and nightmares might have some correlation to the things we thought subconsciously (I for one still do), but now, its just a bad dream go back to sleep.

No comments: