Friday, August 8, 2008

Island of Self, Ocean of All

So when I write anything I write, correct, rewrite, and generally rinse and repeat until i feel comfortable with what I have written. This thing is pretty much at stage one, no corrections. I don't even know why I made some of the references i made here, but I do know the general reason for the writing, so i guess thats enough.

On the island of the self,
Within the forest of the mind,
Through the tunnel of delusion,
Into the den of human kind.
Where our mother sings
Our true intentions,
And we bring,
Our false predictions,
Of our hopes,
And predilections.
Of our thoughts
Of dereliction,
As we scribe
Our new intentions.
As we ride into that forest.
As we ride.
As we ride.

Through the tunnels twisting time,
Where every path is so unkind.
Where every path does so in kind,
Reveal the paths to cleanse the mind,
To cleanse our hopes,
To cleanse our time,
From predation of sensual kind,
To intention, iron of line.
And so this burning,
Churning, Chaos,
Yearning to destroy this new self,
Seems justified in doing itself,
Into oblivion.
And yet, the iron is unbroken.
Yet the iron is unbroken.
Yet the iron, Yet the iron.
Stands there, with no river crossing token.

At the forest crossing,
Two men, belligerent,
And so discussing,
Which sign upon the crossing,
Was so heaven sent.
One man said to the other,
"If we had but just another,"
"Heaven sent sign for my mother,
"Then I could beleive."
The other sat there thinking,
His eyes were barely blinking,
But in his pupils I could see
The confusion he did mask.
And then he did but reply,
"If faith was something one did prove,"
"Then science would in every move,"
"Draw closer to the human mood"
"And drive us to our savior."
"But as it is,"
"Or as it was,"
"The thing of science,"
"Proves just because"
"It chooses some delineation"
"For this great and large creation."
"And so my friend,"
"I cast thee out,"
"And take my path,"
"On faith without,"
"The need of proof,"
"Or science,"
"Or what thee needs."
And as I did follow,
This man through dark and hollow,
I did understand his mind,
Or so I hoped.
And through the darkness,
We emerged,
Unscathed,
And unobserved.
And we parted company.

Who he was,
Who will he be?
As he sojourned
To the sea,
To see the islands of the world,
And share his
Human truth.

No comments: