Sunday, August 10, 2008

Home is where your soul rests // Water After Midnight

Its the first time in quite a while I have spent more then two consecutive days at my parents house. It's oddly comforting, and at the same time just an odd sensation for me. I have absolutely nothing I have to do. That isn't to say i do nothing, but more to say that I have a lot of free time, and thats an odd sensation for me. Even now I have to fight the feelings of anxiousness and urges to do something in order to just calm my soul and mind down.

I just have to admit, I have spent the past two or three years of my life calming my mind and soul down. Calming the chaos of emotions that have been the past ten or so years of my life down to something where I could actually understand it. If anyone had asked me how I felt about something even two years ago my response would be confused and constipated. Kind of like molten iron splashing around, it was impossible to control or even understand. However now, now I feel like its cooled to something malleable, something comprehendable. All of a sudden, I found out what momentous events throughout my life have meant to me. Furthermore, I am coming to terms with the effects of those emotions.

Kind of heavy eh? Nonetheless, its funny how even the simplest things, like hanging out with your family for the first time in a long time, can have such a significant impact on your life and on the way you see yourself. I love my family.

Anyways, I'm going to try to write something about home, and we'll see how it comes out :).

Water After Midnight

Familiar landscapes greet me from my dreams.
The glasses: new, but in the same place.
The kitchen bathed in moonlight,
Reminds me of past battlefields.
Simple arguments
For simple problems.
The cold water,
Cools my stormy interior.
The north star guides my
Midnight prayers.
Complex answers
For complex questions.

The squeaky hallway
No longer squeaks.
The puppy no longer wakens,
To my every toss and turn.
The floors no longer soften,
The stiffness of my swagger,
Or my heavy step.
No matter,
For my silence is learned
By simple repetition.
A silent observer,
Of what I call home.
A simple reminder,
Of what I call home.

No comments: