Look past my eyes to achieve second sight.
Constructs of mind that are not quite upright.
They are backwards and sideways and upside down.
The way a smile turns itself into a frown.
Insides and outwards.
Around but not found.
Its hard to describe words into sounds.
Try as we might, the world blazes in light.
The dark before dawn,
The thrill of the fight.
I was, so I am,
I think I can stand.
I crawl and I fall
Till I change all the land.
I was what I was,
I am what I am.
Hope is the solace--
A gift unto man.
The solid, the soul, the shadow, the mold.
Dust unto dust, unto triumph made whole.
My body is scarred,
But I must keep the pace.
The nicks, cuts and bruises,
The tests we must face.
The scars beget wisdom,
And so we erase
The violence of self,
Replaced in it's place
By unity, love, the whole human race.
So clad in white armor,
Scribed in the night.
Breaker of Dawn,
Black Banner in sight.
This warrior born,
This soldier of light.
Entry by troops,
Their hearts thunder,
Their might.
Now I open my eyes,
To see who they are.
Schoolyards and teachers,
Construction at large.
Blue collar, white collar, No collar at all.
Hunter or farmer,
The short and the tall.
A shiver in time,
Where the stars are aligned.
Think this one through,
But take action you'll find:
Our souls are evolving,
Our cups runneth full.
Chase off the raven,
The night is a tool.
Just as black can't exist without the presence of white.
Joy without sadness,
The same is with light.
The sun shines forever,
By light of the moon.
Celestial bodies,
The tides coming soon.
The trumpet did blast,
But the silence does soothe.
We now know our path,
So please make your move.
This triumph of soul.
The silence of bones.
The Letters were written-- Sun centered at noon.
Now some years later,
Their sons have arised.
Begat their daughters,
Their strength: Just and right.
The king loses sleep,
They sing through the night.
And just as they did,
If we get it just right.
O remover of difficulties,
We praise you tonight.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oooooOOOo. well look what i stumbled upon. a mine of poetical gems! this is great! thanks so sharing. you are incredible.
Post a Comment