Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Series of Poems

I've been working on a series of poems off and on over the past 6 months and almost all of them are in a classic Japanese style. Lots of 5-7-5, and some 7-7-7-5-5. All of them either following the style completely or mimicking a style. Here are a few of them... (None of them are named)

Enjoy.

Spring the laden petal drops--
Dew--Scent mingled solitude.
The thorns thus draw my force out.
Within; life courses
Through every beauty—
Even that which has no blood.
For love is beauty.

In the sky where lovers play
And truth is but a kiss
Of summer breezes.
I miss the gails and thrusting winds
That parry words without substance,
And demand my blood written heart
As a crystal vase for their spring blossoms.
My breath I would trade for your attacks,
If I could only know your voice.

No comments: