Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Potential Energy

I am a ten ton hammer poised to fall.
Force equals mass times acceleration due to gravity.
So, I am a ten ton force existing on the brink.
Potential energy existing within my spring like limbs,
My limber limbs lack luster, but are not lackluster.
My strength of body exists simply as an example for strength of mind.
A blueprint for the future set upon the foundation of the heretofore.
It’s pen inked with the solace of my spirit.
That tenuous force that guides the wayward
And brings remedy to the stricken and downtrodden.

So I am a ten ton force.
And I am driving piles into the swamp of self.
Pumping out water to make space for the edification
Of this human race.
It all starts within myself.
So I take this hammer and raise it up to the heavans.
With one switch of the mind,
I bring it crashing down—
Forcing order on entropy.
Divinity and the other half,
And building calluses from my bloodied hands.
Can’t nobody tell me what a dollars worth,
I know the exact amount of blood and sweat
It takes to dig a ditch with a pickaxe.
And though I know the flow of blood slows,
Coagulates and grows into scabs that show
The world for what it truly is,
I have no fear that fear can disappear,
And love can clear the clouds of confusion.
Replacing them with that clear vision—
I am a ten ton force
And can’t no man keep me down,
But the one standing before you.

Whats worst?
To be held down,
Or to have never tried to rise?
To have stared at the dirt ones whole life?
Or to have gazed at the skies?
I am not even a broken winged bird,
I am a groveling dung beetle,
Making my life on the refuse and waste of others,
On the land that no other wanted.
I welcome constraints and limitations,
Confusions and upheaval.
Give me pain and frustrations,
Anger and tears.
Lord knows if I didn’t have them,
I’d have made them on my own.
Give me the higher path,
Or give me a mountain and a walking stick.
Show me the highest mountain peak,
And it will be my next step.

These lines are not enough
To sacrifice for love.
This language is not enough
To sacrifice for love.
There is not enough breath in my lungs,
Nor Blood in my veins,
To sacrifice for my love.
And if I sundered every part of my body,
Atom by atom.
Molecule by molecule.
That pain would not be enough of a sacrifice for my love.
Since my death cannot be a sacrifice to thee,
I offer thee my life, my dance, my laughter, my hope and my joy
As a sacrifice to thee my love.
That I may drive piles into this last,
Until all that exists,
Is this ten ton hammer,
And these two callused hands,
Service in sacrifice,
A potentiality of love.
And nothing more.

I am a ten ton hammer,
But it takes a ten ton soul
To set me free.

No comments: